Auto Transport Check List
Take a look at these tips before your next auto transport:
- Make sure that you have a complete set of keys for the auto shipping company, and a full extra set for yourself.
- If you are transporting a classic, custom, rare, exotic, or otherwise expensive vehicle, go for the enclosed transport if you can… it will be worth the extra cost!
- Clean your vehicle before drop off to ensure a proper inspection and clear documentation of your cars physical condition.
- Check your battery to make sure it’s fully charged and securely mounted.
- Check the obvious places for fluid leaks; oil, transmission fluid, etc.
- Disable and or disconnect your car alarm.
- Prepare your vehicle for it’s new climate; you might consider changing the oil, coolant, and possibly other fluids.
- Remove and/or retract you car antennas.
- Remove rear spoilers, grill covers, exterior spare tire and all car covers.
- Remove all personal items from your automobile.
- Drive your gas tank down to a maximum of ¼ tank for auto transport.
- Provide a complete set of keys to your auto shipper; ignition, door, etc.
- Remove any audio equipment, car phones,and garage door openers that aren’t built in.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call us!